Pages

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Sketching the landscape of Carmarthen...


Sketching the landscape of Carmarthen, Wales has become one of my favorite things to do anytime of day especially in preparation to paint for class at  later time.  Every where you look there's beautiful landscape and interesting architecture that leaves you stunned even if it's something you've seen everyday.

I was walking to the reception building yesterday morning to grab a soda early in the morning when something in the distance caught my eye.  As I set my soda on the ground and grabbed my pen and pad I began to sketch the hills and trees and houses being gently kissed by the suns light as quickly as possible.  Ten minutes or so later the sun had escaped behind the always reliable clouds and the moment was gone in reality but in memory and on paper, I would always have it with me.  It just goes to show if you walk around with your eyes open a little wider, you'll see such incredibly simple yet complexly beautiful things.

No comments:

Post a Comment